Isletas de Granada Day Trip
- Duration : 6 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Granada, Granada
- Product code : isletas
Venture a place that is like no other! Islets of Granada day trip is located in Lake Nicaragua, just southeast of the city of Granada in Nicaragua. The islets are a group of 365 small islands scattered about the Asese Peninsula. The islets are of volcanic origin, they were formed when the Mombacho volcano blew much of its cone into the lake thousands of years ago, thereby creating the archipelago. Most of islets are covered with vegetation and rich with bird life. The fort of San Pablo is located on the islets in Lake Nicaragua. The fort of San Pablo was built is order to protect the city of Granada from Pirates in the 18th century and has witnessed the battles and conflicts endured during the Colonial Period.
Highlights of the Trip
- Day trip to Isletas de Granada
- Arrive at Lake Nicaragua
- Our local captain will take you on a boat trip sharing the life of the Islands
- Stop at the San Pablo Fort and see how Granada was protected in the 18th Century
- Stop at local island where you an order fresh traditional island cuisine
- Swim, relax or take the paddle board and between islands
- Visit Monkey island where you will get to meet Lucy, one friendly monkey
- Complementary Pick up & drop off
What can you expect!
We will depart the City of Granada and head 10 mins away to the Cabana Amarilla port. Once in the boat our captain will take you around the islands where you will see a variety of wild life, the immense backdrop of Volcan Mombacho and islands living. You will get to see the local island communities, where most of the people are fishermen. A complimentary local meal will be prepared on your arrival to one of the islands where you will be greeted by the owner and local fisherman. Once you have settled in, you can swim, fish, paddle board and simply relax on a hammock or a traditional rocking chair.
- Departure point: Tour departs Central Park in Granada
- Departure time: 10:30am*
- Duration: 4 Hours
- Return details: Returns to original departure point
- Park Entrance fees
- Pickup and drop-off
- Boat Trip with guide
- Snacks for the boat ride
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people
- Walking shoes are recommended
- Bathing suites, shorts, sunblock
- Single bookings accepted*
* Call if single traveler * If want to leave at a specific time just let us know
For more information or questions regarding this package please give us a call or send us a message.
INTERNATIONAL TOURS ALLIANCE | NICA.TRAVEL |
OFFICE: 213-293-6422 | TOLL FREE: 800-679-1947 | Email: Travel@itaglobal.com