Mexico: Escape to Morelos
- Duration: 4 Days (approx.)
- Product code: PHSQ71
Join our "Mexico: Escape to Morelos Tour" that will take you for 4 days full of discoveries, adventures & fun. Explore natural & cultural gems of the state during the day while hanging out & having fun in the evening!
- Enjoy gorgeous views of the lakes and surrounding mountains in Lagunas de Zempoala National Park.
- Climb Tepozteco Mountain, where you will visit the mysterious Prehispanic temple of the same name.
- Feel Cuernavaca - "the city of eternal spring", flanked by imposing hills and festive atmosphere all year round.
- Visit Xochicalco - the 4th most visited pre-hispanic site in Mexico declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Swim in crystal-clear waters of Las Estacas Natural Park.
Day 1: Mexico City
Bienvenidos a Ciudad de Mexico - the largest city in Latin America where ancient and modern coexist in harmony. Arrive at any time before meeting your group & Tour Leader at your accommodation at 2 pm. After a short welcome meeting, go for a walking tour in the historic center, followed by a guided visit to the National Anthropology Museum. In the evening, join an optional dinner & get-together in one of the local restaurants.
- Accommodation: conveniently located, locally-own hotel/B&B/guest house in Mexico City
- Activities: walking tour of Mexico City's Historic Center; guided visit to the National Anthropology Museum
Day 2: Mexico City - Lagunas de Zempoala National Park - Tepotztlán - Cuernavaca
In the morning, after breakfast, head to Lagunas de Zempoala National Park - a hidden natural gem where you can hike around its seven lagoons surrounded by picturesque hills and pine forests. After a picturesque hike around the lakes, free time, and optional lunch we will leave to Tepotztlán. Located at the foot of Tepozteco Mountain, this "Magic Town" is the result of the combination of the unique ancient traditions and wisdom that enrich its many cultural expressions, such as esotericism, pre-Hispanic and vice-regal treasures, the counterculture, ecotourism or the simplicity of its everyday life.
After an easy climb to Tepozteco Mountain with an impressive Prehispanic temple on its top, we will have a walking tour around the historic center visiting the town's impressive Dominican church, the adjoining monastery, and traditional market. In the late afternoon, we will move to Cuernavaca. Known as "the city of eternal spring", this capital of the state is flanked by imposing hills and is festive all year round. Finally, after a walking tour in the historic center, a visit to the nearby 40-meter high San Anton Waterfall, check-in at our accommodation, and some rest we will go out for an optional dinner & get-together in the center of this young and boosting city.
- Transportation: private vehicle
- Accommodation: conveniently located, locally-own hotel/B&B/guest house in Cuernavaca
- Activities: visit and hiking tour in Lagunas de Zempoala National Park; walking tour of Tepotztlán; guided visit to Tepozteco Archeological Zone; visit of San Antonio Waterfall; walking tour in Cuernavaca
Day 3: Cuernavaca - Xochicalco - Las Estacas Parque Natural - TlayacapanIn the morning, head to Xochicalco - a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the 4th most visited pre-hispanic site in Mexico. Afterward, we will continue to Las Estacas Parque Natural, undoubtedly one of the most beautiful natural attractions in Morelos. After spending the rest of the day in the park (snorkeling, exploring, swimming, etc.) we will go to a "Magic Town" of Tlayacapan. Being there is like stopping time and enjoying a break in your life, while observing the majesty of perfectly carved murals in the Former Convent of San Juan Bautista, with walls that seem to form a celestial vault to guard the recently discovered mummies. After an evening walking tour, opt to join a farewell dinner & get-together in one of the local restaurants/bars.
- Transportation: private vehicle
Accommodation: conveniently located, locally-own hotel/B&B/guest house in Tlayacapan
Activities: guided visit to Xochicalco Archaeological Zone; visit to Las Estacas Parque Natural; walking tour in Tlayacapan
Day 4: Tlayacapan - Mexico City
Last day of our "Mexico: Escape to Morelos Tour": breakfast, check-out, and transfer to Mexico City arriving there around noon. If you decide to extend your vacations, we can always book you extra nights, or even take you on our next adventure.
- Transportation: private vehicle
- Meals: breakfast
Why go with us
- Small groups of up to 13 travelers: closer communication, easier coordination, more adventures & fun!
- Off-the-beaten-track tours with maximum immersion in local nature, culture, and traditions.
- The easy-going atmosphere of our tours is perfect for informal travel & making new friends among co-travelers and locals.
- ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE: This tour does not include airport pick & dropoff. The best way to arrive at our accommodation in Mexico City is by taxi/car-hauling services like Uber or public transport (more information on this topic will be sent with trip notes).
- ACCOMMODATIONS: We will send you an exact list of accommodations together with trip notes 2 weeks before the departure date. All accommodations are centrally located, tourist-class, locally-owned properties with private facilities in each room. We can arrange pre- & post-tour accommodations but not earlier than 2 weeks before the departure when we send you final trip notes.
- ROOMS: Choosing Shared Twin Room option means you will stay with another co-traveler of the same gender: a savvier option designed specifically for solo travelers. Most Triple Rooms have 2 separate beds from which at least one is king- or queen-size and are for 2 people; if Triple Room is not available on a particular day of the tour, you might be provided with 1 double/twin and 1 single room instead (based on availability and cannot be guaranteed). Most Quad Rooms have 2 separate king- or queen-size beds - each for 2 people; if Quad Room is not available on a particular day, you might be provided with 2 double/twin rooms instead (based on availability and cannot be guaranteed).
- PHYSICAL CONDITION: This tour involves a decent amount of walking. Therefore, travelers should have moderate physical fitness condition.
- ACTIVITIES: Participation in all activities is optional - just be sure to be in time for daily departures.
- WHAT TO TAKE WITH YOU: Comfortable clothes & shoes; a small backpack for daily tours; hat/cap, sunglasses & sunscreen; travel insurance; good mood & curiosity.
- PRICING: The price of the tour/person depends on the number of travelers & room option you choose.
- GROUP VS. PRIVATE TOUR: Group Tour: take a trip with other travelers. Private Tour: take a trip on your own, with friends, couple, or family. While offering more privacy and exclusivity such tours may cost more than group ones. If you wanna take a private tour with a group that is bigger than 4, please contact us and we will send you a personalized offer. For private tours, the dates of departure (and in some cases the itinerary & activities) can be customized to your request.