Mexico: Private Tour to Teotihuacan, Tula & Anthropology Museum
- Duration: 12 Hours
- Location: Mexico: Teotihuacan & Tula Archaeological Zones, the National Anthropology Museum
During this private archaeology adventure tour, you will thoroughly explore the 2 most important archeological sites in Central Mexico - Teotihuacan & Tula. Also, you will visit the world-famous National Museum of Anthropology that currently hosts the largest exposition of pre-Hispanic artifacts in the world.
- Learn about the history of Mesoamerica that has been inhabited for over 20000 years.
- Explore the 2 most important archeological sites in Central Mexico - Teotihuacan & Tula.
- Climb & enjoy stunning views from the Pyramids of the Sun & the Moon in Teotihuacan.
- See fearsome 4.5m-high stone warrior figures in what used to be a major city of the ancient Toltecs.
- Visit the National Anthropology Museum with its huge collection of pre-Hispanic artifacts.
In the morning, meet your guide & go to explore Teotihuacan Archaeological Zone that was declared UNESCO World Heritage in 1987. During a 3-hours tour, we will climb impressive Pyramids of the Sun and the Moon, walk down a famous Avenue of the Dead, visit a beautiful Temple of Quetzalpapalotl, and other sights of this ancient Mesoamerican city.
Afterward, we will go to Tula - another a Mesoamerican archeological site, which was an important regional center that reached its height as the capital of the Toltec Empire between the fall of Teotihuacan and the rise of Tenochtitlan. Upon arrival, for about 2h hours we will tour the site seeing huge stone sculptures of Toltec warriors (“Atlantes”), ruins of ancient temples, and reliefs depicting local gods and sacred animals. Once ready, we will move back to Mexico City to visit the National Museum of Anthropology - the largest and most visited museum in Mexico that contains significant archaeological and anthropological artifacts from Mexico's pre-Columbian heritage. Finally, after a full day of discoveries, return to our vehicle & relax on the way back to your accommodation.
Why go with us
- You will spend the time of the tour purely on its activities & sightseeing: no visits to souvenir shops & restaurants (unless you ask).
- An ideal choice for small groups: the price of the tour is fixed & varies just slightly depending on the size of the group.
- We are flexible: we can adjust the program & route to your interests while the duration of the tour can be always extended for an extra fee.
- DEPARTURE LOCATION & TIME
The default departure time for this tour is 7 am but we can also slightly adjust it per your request. Our guide will meet/pick you up at the requested time & might need to contact you by phone. Therefore, please kindly provide a valid phone number during your booking.
Complimentary pick-up/drop-off is included: please indicate the exact time & location for your pick-up during your booking (e.g. in the "Special Requirements" field). That is to say, we can pick you up from those parts of Mexico City: Polanco, Condesa, Roma, Centro Historico. Other more remote locations might involve an extra fee.
- TOUR DURATION & CUSTOMIZATION
The standard duration of the tour counts from the moment of a meetup till the end of the tour. On the other hand, the tour is customizable which means we can adjust the time you spend in each destination. For example, if you want to visit an extra location (attraction/restaurant/market, etc.), you can do it on a complimentary basis if this visit (1) fits the default duration of the tour & (2) doesn't involve a major change of the route.
- WHAT TO TAKE WITH YOU
Comfortable clothes & shoes; hat/cap, sunglasses & sunscreen; travel insurance; good mood & curiosity.
- The type of vehicle depends on the size of your group and may include car, 7-seater, minivan.
- This is a private tour: only your group will participate.
- Travelers should have a basic physical fitness condition.
- * The price of the tour/person depends on the size of your group.