From Mexico City: Private Tour to Tula & Tepotzotlan
- Duration: 12 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Mexico: Tula, Aqueduct of Xalpa, Tepotzotlan
- Product code: PNBA1B
During this private 12h tour, you will discover pre-Hispanic & colonial history of Mexico. Among the attractions that we will visit, is a small town of Tula that used to be a major city of the ancient Toltecs, an 18th-century Aqueduct of Xalpa, and finally, Tepotzotlan - a small "Magical Town" famous for its impressive colonial architecture & a baroque-style convent.
In the morning, meet your guide & go to explore Tula - a Mesoamerican archeological site, which was an important regional center that reached its height as the capital of the Toltec Empire between the fall of Teotihuacan and the rise of Tenochtitlan. Upon arrival, for about 2h hours we will tour the site seeing huge stone sculptures of Toltec warriors (“Atlantes”), ruins of ancient temples, and reliefs depicting local gods and sacred animals.
Once ready, we will go to visit a 62-meters high and 430-meters long Aqueduct of Xalpa (the Arcos del Sitio), built by the Jesuits in the 18th century. Afterward, we will move to Tepotzotlán, a small "Magical Town" famous for its impressive colonial architecture, a pleasant historic center, and a baroque-style convent. Upon a walking tour around the town and visit of its famous Museum of Viceroyalty, return to our vehicle & relax on the way back to your accommodation.
Why go with us
- You will spend the time of the tour purely on its activities & sightseeing: no visits to souvenir shops & restaurants (unless you ask).
- An ideal choice for small groups: the price of the tour is fixed & varies just slightly depending on the size of the group.
- We are flexible: we can adjust the program & route to your interests while the duration of the tour can be always extended for an extra fee.
- DEPARTURE LOCATION & TIME
The default departure time for this tour is 7:30 am but we can also slightly adjust it per your request. Our guide will meet/pick you up at the requested time & might need to contact you by phone. Therefore, please kindly provide a valid phone number during your booking.
Complimentary pick-up/drop-off is included: please indicate the exact time & location for your pick-up during your booking (e.g. in the "Special Requirements" field). That is to say, we can pick you up from those parts of Mexico City: Polanco, Condesa, Roma, Centro Historico. Other more remote locations might involve an extra fee.
- TOUR DURATION & CUSTOMIZATION
The standard duration of the tour counts from the moment of a meetup till the end of the tour. On the other hand, the tour is customizable which means we can adjust the time you spend in each destination. For example, if you want to visit an extra location (attraction/restaurant/market, etc.), you can do it on a complimentary basis if this visit (1) fits the default duration of the tour & (2) doesn't involve a major change of the route.
- WHAT TO TAKE WITH YOU
Comfortable clothes & shoes; hat/cap, sunglasses & sunscreen; travel insurance; good mood & curiosity.
- The type of vehicle depends on the size of your group and may include car, 7-seater, minivan.
- This is a private tour: only your group will participate.
- Travelers should have a basic physical fitness condition.
- * The price of the tour/person depends on the size of your group.