From Mexico: Private Tour to Puebla & Cholula
- Duration: 11 Hours
- Location: Mexico: Cholula, Puebla
During this private 11h tour from Mexico City, you will get acquainted with the rich historic & cultural heritage of 2 beautiful cities - Cholula & Puebla. Cholula is the oldest settlement in the Americas inhabited without interruption since its origins. It is also famous for its world's largest pyramid topped by the Virgen de Los Remedios church. Puebla in its turn retains a fantastically well-preserved UNESCO-listed historic center, a stunning cathedral, and a wealth of beautiful churches.
- The tour is private and totally customizable - choose what to see and when to go.
- See the biggest pyramid in the world in Cholula.
- Admire the marvelous UNESCO-listed architecture of Puebla.
- Try the best dishes of nation-wide famous Puebla cuisine.
In the morning, meet your guide & head to Cholula observing the proud beauty of Popocatepetl and Iztaccihuatl volcanoes on your way. Upon arrival, take a walking tour to explore the town’s colonial streets, Baroque churches, and impressive pyramid topped by the Virgen de Los Remedios church. Then, we will drive to nearby Puebla to take a walking tour around its UNESCO-listed historic center.
During the tour, we will see a number of lovely colonial buildings dating back to the 16th century with charming details and colorful tiles. Part of the experience includes discovering Puebla’s cuisine and the possibility to try some of the region's most famous dishes. Also, we will be able to visit Puebla's artisan crafts market where you can get unique regional souvenirs and sample traditional poblano candies. After a full day of discoveries, return to our vehicle & relax on the way back to Mexico City.
Why go with us
- You will spend the time of the tour purely on its activities & sightseeing: no visits to souvenir shops & restaurants (unless you ask).
- An ideal choice for small groups: the price of the tour is fixed & varies just slightly depending on the size of the group.
- We are flexible: we can adjust the program & route to your interests while the duration of the tour can be always extended for an extra fee.
- DEPARTURE LOCATION & TIME
The default departure times for this tour are 7 am & 8 am but we can also adjust them per your request. Our guide will meet/pick you up at the requested time & might need to contact you by phone. Therefore, please kindly provide a valid phone number during your booking.
Complimentary pick-up/drop-off is included: please indicate the exact time & location for your pick-up during your booking (e.g. in the "Special Requirements" field). That is to say, we can pick you up from those parts of Mexico City: Polanco, Condesa, Roma, Centro Historico. Other more remote locations might involve an extra fee.
- TOUR DURATION & CUSTOMIZATION
The standard duration of the tour counts from the moment of a meetup till the end of the tour. On the other hand, the tour is customizable which means we can adjust the time you spend in each destination. For example, if you want to visit an extra location (attraction/restaurant/market, etc.), you can do it on a complimentary basis if this visit (1) fits the default duration of the tour & (2) doesn't involve a major change of the route.
- WHAT TO TAKE WITH YOU
Comfortable clothes & shoes; hat/cap, sunglasses & sunscreen; travel insurance; good mood & curiosity.
- The type of vehicle depends on the size of your group and may include car, 7-seater, minivan.
- This is a private tour: only your group will participate.
- Travelers should have a basic physical fitness condition.
- * The price of the tour/person depends on the size of your group.